Awards give students and added incentive to thrive in their studies, and help to create a healthy atmosphere of competition. Downland Dance strives to promote good discipline and education both in the studio and in daily life, and our awards recognise students who have set a particularly good example. The awards are gifted at our Annual Awards Ceremony, usually held after our last Summer Show Performance.
See which awards we offer, and what they are awarded for below.
- Award Name
- Hop, Skip and Jump Award
- Most Improved Award
- Spotlight Award
- Bright Beginning Award
- Rising Star Award
- Highest Exam Mark
- The Penny Vaughn Memorial Trophy
- The Tracey Harris Award for Outstanding Effort and Achievement.
- Awarded To
- A junior student who gives their best in everything they do.
- A student who has made the most improvement in their studio location over the past year.
- A student who is always well presented in class, kind, caring and helpful.
- A junior student who shows great promise.
- A senior student who shows great promise.
- The student who has achieved the highest mark in their RAD exam over the previous year.
- A Didcot student who has attended all classes, worked hard and shown improvement.
- A student who has set a particularly good example with their work in the studio, as well as their behaviour towards others and their decorum in daily life.